KHMan wrote:
It's true that at the end of the day, the decision is entirely with the OP. But... I'll bring up something that might or might not be of relevance, but does leave me a bit uneasy at all this.

The thing I for one is uneasy about is the use of the "Lua <something>" /namespace/ for niche projects when a name like "Lua Workshop" is more suited for a major or mainstream Lua project. For this reason, I am careful about treading on this namespace when I submit projects to LuaForge, for instance.

The OP's project is Windows-only and specific to non-mainstream users of PSP. People with zero preconceptions or knowledge, when given the words "Lua Workshop", will probably assume it is a serious, mainstream app that caters to mainstream Lua. For the same reason, one would expect "Lua Compiler" to be some sort of serious project linked closely to mainstream Lua. In a sense, "Lua Workshop" may be sort of a misleading name for the OP's project, and others have also noted the clashing of identities between this project and the existing Lua conference.

So if a list member like me feel unease, it's not because I want to deprive the OP of his or her right to name the project, but it is out of concern about how the "Lua <something>" namespace is being used. But of course, this is just one data point, and at the end of the day, the decision is still with the OP.
+ 1

I would expect something very different from a product with that name, too. I would suggest something with PSP in the name, to create a reference for the products main purpose.

Regards,
 Jan (DracoBlue)

--

http://dracoblue.net