>Given that you gain nothing except a few less characters in source code, and increase >complexity of both the parser and readability, I don't see a valid case for asking for it.
>Matthew P. Del Buono

The parser may be slightly more complex, but the question of readability is subjective. I find embedded assignment more readable in certain cases. In particular, I think this is certainly more readable:

a = b = c

than this:

a, b = c, c

and clearer in its intent than:

b = c
a = b

But maybe that's just me.

~~ Paul

Windfall               Paul C. Anagnostopoulos
   Software              978 371-2316
                             www.windfall.com (some day)
Out on the Mira on soft summer nights,
Bonfires blaze to the children's delight;
They dance 'round the flames singing songs with their friends,
And I wish I was with them again.

---Allister MacGillivray