Well I now download the 'vcredist_x86.exe' and keep the 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT' in the installer. What is a bit scary is that the 'vcredist_x86.exe' requires "Windows Installer 3.1+" to be installed to even run the 'vcredist_x86.exe' and I don't know how to check for that. So I am hoping that if the system is upto date this will be installed.

I needed to include 'Microsoft.VC80.CRT' so that I could create a somewhat functional Lua environment on a non-administrator account. To install 'vcredist_x86.exe' you need to be an administrator. :)

This is so complicated and I just can't believe how hard this is. What are the communities thoughts on this? Please give feedback.
--
Regards,
Ryan