On Thu, Aug 7, 2008 at 12:13 PM, Peter Odding <xolox@home.nl> wrote:
> Not to be the pessimist I always am, but this almost seems to rule out
> binary distribution of *independent* plug-ins for the Windows platform.
> Surely this problem must have been solved already for Perl, PHP, Python,
> etc?! I can't believe it's the same mess over there :)

Well, one lession (so far) is: cool kids don't let their friends do VC9 ;)

We have had enough trouble from VC8 as it ...

Seriously, I'm sure some people are already thinking of putting a OSS
runtime for windows together - a big job, but not impossible - there's
lots of libc code already there.

I'm happy that Lua for Windows works as well as it does, kudos to Ryan
and Andrew!

steve d.