Fabien <fleutot+lua@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 5:39 PM, Thomas Lauer <thomas.lauer@virgin.net>
> wrote:
>
> > This beta version is released under an MIT-style licence.
>
> Uh, I don't think you could reasonably call it MIT-licensed unless you
> actually publish the sources...

Is that so?

IANAL and the text of the MIT license itself says absolutely nothing
about 'source code'. Perhaps it's so connected with open-source projects
that people come to expect source code release. But so far I thought
it's alright to be used in this context as well.

However, if someone is able and willing to show that my thinking is
misguided I will happily invent yet another license. The world needs
more licenses.

(At any rate, a full source code repository will be made available
shortly after Idle's 1.0 release.)

--
cheers  thomasl

web: http://thomaslauer.com/start