On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 2:45 PM, Marten Feldtmann <email@example.com
Delivering LUA with VS2005 runtime brings additional problems with manifests and all that stuff. Actually I was not able to simply use the dll delivered with LUA. Calling it brought up errors, telling me, that the c runtime was not correctly called. Searching the Internet I found out, that I had to add the manifest file to my executable (which was not created by me) as a resource.
I took the sources, compiled them with Watcom 1.7a and that's it. No additional runtimes needed for the dll (at least up to now) and no changes needed for executable files and no problems with manifest files.
This is a known issue with the current LuaBinaries and it will be fixed in the next release. If you look at Lua for Windows it has the correct way to distribute the vs2005 runtime and includes the LuaBinaries that have the manifest done correctly. Let me know and I can send you just the LuaBinaries package if you need it.
PS: (Very unimportant) Lua is not an acronym, you should spell it Lua not LUA. :)