Ah, I understand now!  I did not do a very good job of studying the
objects that were being passed to Luna.  I was assuming that
::className and ::methods were some dark magic I had not yet learned,
but they were just plain old static members of the class that was
being passed to Luna.  That's the danger of assuming!  Time to go get
a glass of water and just sit on it for a while.  Thanks again for the
light bulb moment.