On Monday 07 July 2008, Adam Twardowski wrote:
> Basically all I'm doing is having FreeSwitch call a lua script, which
> calls a select statment on a mysql database, and then returns control
> back to Freeswitch.

i don't know about freeswitch, but in 99% of cases when you see unbounded
memory consumption in Lua, the culprit is a userdata that holds only a
pointer to a much heavier resource.  in those cases the garbage collection
don't have any hint that it really should begin collecting ASAP

in your case, it might be the DB connection.  are you sure it's being closed
as many times as it's opened?

--
Javier