Alas, it is more than a name - it is a question of the run-time, which
needs to be VC8.  In fact, I was getting half-good results with the
lua binaries exe, but it was because my old lua51 compiled with the
trusty old mingw was on the DLL path - then it crashed in an
interesting fashion at the end of the program; sure sign of runtime
confusion.

steve d.