Hello list,

after one year of development, we have just released tekUI, a GUI
toolkit written mostly in Lua. This is our first alpha release.

>From the about section:

"tekUI is a small and freestanding graphical user interface (GUI)
toolkit written in Lua and C. It was initially developed for the X
Window System and can serve as a general-purpose GUI library for
desktop applications.

Its main focus is on rapid development of applications for custom-made
devices, often with a custom appearance and under resource-constrained
conditions, such as for embedded devices with a display controller.

Being mostly written in the Lua scripting language, it is easily
extensible with new user interface elements, which can later be
rewritten in C. The creation of new styles and themes and fitting the
software to a new device are equally simple."

For more informations, check it out on LuaForge or visit our project
homepage: http://tekui.teklib.org/

- Timm

--
Timm S. Mueller <tmueller@neoscientists.org>