On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 3:48 AM, Eike Decker <eike@cube3d.de> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am interested in lockfree data structures.
> In my case, I have separate lua states, running in their own threads. Could I
> use your hashtable to communicate between two separate states? That'd be

i have thought about it too; but it's not a goal (yet?).  if done
well, could be like a faster replacement to a shared DB.  maybe a
binding to memcached would be better/easier?

> awesome, especially if it was a simple lua library DLL that I could load in
> each thread, allowing me to create a bridge without messing up with my C
> implementation. If the hashtable allows to be nested (which I guess it does
> already), a "main" table could be created that contains specific tables again
> that can be initialized and used by separate threads. Or does your table needs
> to reside in the same luastate?

it's still on the late design/early draft stage; in fact i've compiled
it only as a standalone C program, not linked to Lua yet.

> Does your table allows a reading thread to wait until a value has been created?

not yet.  the first step is not to provide any synchronisation
mechanism, only the shared space environment.

> Would be great.

hope so!

--
Javier