On 17/06/2008, at 12:45 AM, Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:

I am very sorry about that. Can you give more details?

My apologies to other members of the list for having to read this, however the nature of the problem is such that I cannot reply to Roberto privately.

Specifically, my message to Roberto was rejected thus:
--------

Your message was not delivered because the return address was refused.

The return address was "<nick@gammon.com.au>"

Please reply to <Postmaster@mx.bigpond.com>
Reporting-MTA: dns; nskntmtas03p.mx.bigpond.com
Arrival-Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 05:28:13 +0000
Received-From-MTA: dns; nskntotgx03p.mx.bigpond.com (124.190.154.158)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br>
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: dns; exu.inf.puc-rio.br (139.82.16.3)
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 550 5.7.1 Mail from 61.9.168.143 refused - see http://dnsbl.sorbs.net/
--------

The only guess I can make here is that the return address <nick@gammon.com.au > is not in the same domain as the SMTP server <mail- hub.bigpond.net.au>. The reason for this is that I use BigPond as my internet service provider, and thus use their SMTP server for outgoing mail. However the return address is hosted in the USA, being where I have my web site hosted (at futurequest.net). Possibly the mismatch between sender and return address is responsible for the blockage.

- Nick