On 6/11/08, s.gardner <s.gardner@ncapsa.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I am new to Lua, so please bear with me. Does anyone have an example lua
> script that will scrape a web page e.g extract the video titles from
> www.youtube.com <http://www.youtbe.com/> .

If you only care about YouTube specifically, you might consider using
more targeted APIs instead of a general scraping approach. I believe
Google provides a set of APIs for many of their products including
YouTube.

There was a coding demo done at the Silicon Valley chapter of
Cocoaheads earlier this year where MacFUSE was used to build a native
filesystem browser for YouTube. If you don't want the FUSE stuff, you
might isolate just the YouTube APIs and create a Lua binding to them.

The Cocoaheads video can be found here:
http://theocacao.com/document.page/543

-Eric