"RJP Computing" <rjpcomputing@gmail.com> writes:

> I need to have access to the Lua source through svn and I didn't want
> to duplicate efforts, so I was wondering if there is a public svn
> repository setup already. If not, I want to setup a Google Code
> project and add the Lua source, Luaxx, and Lua++ to this
> repository. It will be public and anyone can use it. I need to use svn
> because of work, so CVS can not be used.
>
> What are the groups general feel on stuff like this? All credit will
> go to the developers, I just need a general, public repository to hold
> these items. If LuaForge gets svn support I will move the project at
> that time.
>
> Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

AFAIK, Lua is more or less maintained as tarballs/directory snapshots of
the developers.  So it would be smart to use a version control system
like git that only actually records snapshots, and derives
rename/move/modify relations on the fly.

git svn might then possibly be used to export to Subversion.

--
David Kastrup