Hello,

   As part of an ongoing project, I am deploying a modified version of the Lua interpreter as a scripting language for an existing system. In order to verify that my modifications do not cause any unwanted side-effects to the Lua interpreter and thereyby cause previous behavior to break, I want to run the Lua test suite on the modified version. I have several questions:
 1. Is there a working test-suite for version 5.1? How can I obtain it?
 2. Are there code coverage statistics available for the test suite?
 3. Why isn't the test-suite part of the official distribution?
 4. An unrelated question: When a bug is found in the Lua interpreter/libraries and a patch is provided for it, is an appropriate test added to the test suite?

Regards,
Yotam Rubin