It is possible, but very difficult and highly unadvisable.
Huge limitations on windows memory management nowadays.

IMHO, extract-to-temp-and-load-from
-there is the way to go.

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Jérôme Vuarand <jerome.vuarand@gmail.com> wrote:
2008/6/3 Andreas Krinke <andreas.krinke@gmx.de>:
> Ico Doornekamp schrieb:
>
>> I implemented something like this some time ago, quite trivially. Just
>> create a loader for your archive format (I used .tar.gz) and add it to the
>> package.loaders table.
>
> Is it possible to load binary modules (*.so and *.dll) this way without
> extracting them to a location where the normal loader finds them?

AFAIK it is not possible to have Windows load a dll from memory. It is
of course possible to do the loading and dynamic linking manually, but
that's not an easy task. I don't know the situation for shared objects
on Linux or other operating systems.

--
Luís Eduardo Jason Santos