Andreas Krinke escribió:
Luís Eduardo Jason Santos schrieb:

We have been working a project called LAR [1] that is part of the Kepler Project. Recently, we have put some brain into this discussion and found no portable/comfortable way to load binary modules without extracting them.

LAR is a virtual file system for Lua using ZIP compression. It has been developed quite a long ago, and have never achieved beta status. The code in the CVS is functional, but could use some extra hands.

[1] http://luaforge.net/projects/lar/

Thanks a lot for this info. Currently I am using PhysFS [1] for my little engine [2]. PhysFS provides a whole virtual file system and supports several compression formats. But it's nice to know there is something more lightweight to achieve at least a part of this functionality. Unfortunately this doesn't solve the binary module loading.

[1] http://icculus.org/physfs/
[2] http://scrupp.sourceforge.net

The Kurmi project (kurmi.luaforge.net) has support for dofile and loadlib from zip files (or executables with a trailing zip).

It implements a transparent extractToTemp+load and automatic delete of temp files at exit.

It was developed as a Lua based install system, but it can be adapted to any use.

But... it is 5.0 based... I'm sorry about that... :-(

DQ