as3 really isn't that slow (http://giger.servebeer.com/Gordon/)

I initially used neoswiff for flash stuff, which is a C# compiler for flash, which worked great, except that it didn't have access to the entire api, some things were missing etc, so if you do get this thing off the ground(and I sure hope you do), it's vital that it can actually use all that flash has to offer, or else it wont be used by anyone..
(the C# compiler is gone now, for example)

Jason Neufeld wrote:
Thanks Mark! I actually switched everything to strict typing a few
hours ago, which did bump it up. I'm proud to say the fib 24 test is
running at around 1.3 seconds now, which for this VM is pretty fast!
I'm thinking the speed won't be a major issue because most game
scripts in mind are simple 'move up, move down, shoot, say hi' types
with some interobject communication, and most people shouldn't need to
do complicated recursive functions... we'll see i guess!

To Ben: Go ahead and pass on the info! The site is www.gcre8.com ,
which unfortunately only has a link to the development blog as of now.
That's where I'm keeping all the information about the game engine,
and I'll probably end up putting most of the flua stuff there as well.

Jason Neufeld (Phil. 3:12)