	Hi Francois

I also had a look at Rings. But we use C packages in our code which make
Rings unsuitable for our case.
	This restriction is not Rings', but VEnv's.  I think there
is no way to change the table where a C package is registered, thus
there is no way to a sandbox using VEnv's approach to avoid polluting
the global namespace when loading one of them.  With Rings, on the other
hand, you have completely separate Lua states, hence no problem with
any kind of package.
	As I said, VEnv and Rings are quite different in their restrictions.
VEnv's problem is the one described above: it could pollute the global
namespace when loading C modules.  Rings' problem is with communication.
There are a set of rules used for exchanging values between states which
restrict the set of values that can be exchanged.  I think some of these
rules could be improved and some could be used with a certain agreement
of both sides :-)

Is there a pure Lua implementation of the 5.1 package functions somewhere?
(require/module/loaders)
	I don't know.

	Regards,
		Tomás