Bertrand Mansion wrote:
IIRC, http://www.apress.com uses something like the purchaser's email address as a password.

I've bought a book from Apress, so I'm familiar with this protection scheme. Since Veli-Pekka discussed accessibility, I thought I should mention that this protection scheme doesn't cause a problem with the major screen readers on Windows, though it may be a problem on other platforms. Still, the accessibility problems with untagged PDF remain; are there any open-source tools that can convert a document from LaTeX or DocBook to Tagged PDF?

Matt