On 20/05/2008 04:26, gary ng wrote:
what
good would it be to double click on say
socket\http.lua ?

Can use libcurl to fetch a page, parse it and do something if something has changed since last check.

How many lua scripts out on the net belongs to this
category ?

Can be backup script or other stuff doing filesystem operations. I wrote a script converting a file from Dos ending to Mac ending. Can be nice to drag'n'drop such file to the script and make it do the conversion.
A script can use a GUI library and do stuff the Windows way.
Etc.

I don't say it is mandatory, and one can do shortcuts (links) for such tasks. But it can be useful and shouldn't be dispelled by a wave of hand.

--
Philippe Lhoste
--  (near) Paris -- France