--- RJP Computing <rjpcomputing@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:06 PM, gary ng
> <garyng2000@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > a quick question:
> >
> > does it use lua5.1.dll or lua51.dll ?
>

> It includes both. One is just a proxy dll that
> points to the other.
Then I can say that luainterface is not going to work.

> This distro already includes a working LuaCOM if
> that helps.
Different thing, different purpose. luaCOM is for lua
to use Windows ActiveX stuff(but that is 'old' stuff).

> Sorry I don't use .NET so I am naive in this area.
> To clarify, I looked into
> LuaInterface but could find that it was anything but
> a Lua binding for .NET.
> Is there some Lua module that can be included? This
> distros scope is not to
> include items to help you write or integrate Lua
> into your applications.
> That might come with time, but not for a while.
There is one 'luanet.dll' which is the C++ side of the
link and a luainterface.dll which is the C# side
binding. With these two, any .NET app can create a lua
VM.

The implication can be that I can easily create a
Windows service(there is a C# template in VC for that)
of lua(i.e. daemonize like in linux). Or create a lua
tray app.

I was not saying that luainterface needs to be
included at this stage but that if anyone wants to run
luainterface, it must use a lua installation with
lua51.dll(or lua52.dll or something like that but not
the lua5.1.dll form), and it must not be a proxy.
Though having it does help overall windows experience
a lot.

So if I happen to want to do that, I have to recreate
all the modules in your distro again instead of using
it.

In fact, I just don't understand why luabinaries
rename it like that even though the vanilla lua source
produce lua51.dll, it doesn't have any technical
reason and at least in this case, cause trouble.