Good news:  you know the publisher ;-)

-- One way is:
Ebooks - uses encrypted pdf to protect copyright
http://www.ebooks.com/information/authors.asp  [which gets authors to pester their publishers...in this case, you, so...]
"please ask your publisher to contact us at publishers@ebooks.com"
which may end up sending you here... http://publishers.ebookscorporation.com/application.asp

-- Another way:
Amazon
They state:  eBooks
If you are a publisher or author and hold the digital rights to a book, you can make it available as an eBook on Amazon.com [links to the following...]

http://dtp.amazon.com/mn/signin

I wouldn't be surprised if they need you to use an Adobe product for conversion to an encryptable intermediate, and put it on some encryption server (Adobe content server) as directed by the online retailer.
http://www.adobe.com/epaper/ebooks/publisher.html
http://www.adobe.com/epaper/ebooks/ebookmall/index.html

This isn't an endorsement of any particular online publisher or mechanism.  I have not published online.

Thanks Roberto.  I'll be happy to be the first test purchaser if something ever becomes set up!

Yours,
Bruce.

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 3:18 PM, Roberto Ierusalimschy <roberto@inf.puc-rio.br> wrote:
> Anybody know if there are plans to sell Programming In Lua, Second Edition,
> in electronic form?

I've always wanted to make it available in electronic form, but I could
not find a reasonable way to do it. What format? How to sell?

-- Roberto

--
Bruce O. Benson, mailto:bbenson@gmail.com | http://www.tux.org
Donating spare CPU to science: Folding@home Team Debian (#2019)