--- RJP Computing <rjpcomputing@gmail.com> wrote:
> Well I don't understand this at all. Python and
> AutoIt do this, as an
> example. Also what is the difference with a person
> downloading an
> application and running it as an exe? At least with
> a script you get the
> source.
Python does it and I hate it for the same multiple
version issue and the black command windows pop and go
reason. Same goes for perl or ruby.

The difference between an exe and a .lua script is
that most exe on windows are application with GUI in
mind. Most .lua scripts are not, they can be modules,
command line tools. In fact, I would say 95% of them
are.