> Can you give pointers to this? I have MSVC9 on a 32-bit Windows XP and I
> don't have that problem.
> Thanks, Leonardo

This was my experience, I ended up doing a "real installer (.msi)" file
for the CRT dll libraries. The when the compiler update would have
required a new version. I dropped using DLL, and went static.

Notice, that if you have the compiler installed, you have the
dll:s also. You only meet this issue when distributing software
to an other computer, which might not have the dll files.

I don't remember all the WWW sources I went through
but Microsoft of course has related material available:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235342(VS.80).aspx
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms235316(VS.80).aspx

  Eero