Le Sat 10/05/2008 à 00:08 Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo à écrit:
> There are no "slightly different Lua versions". Lua 5.0 and 5.1 are
> close but not the same and probably not binary compatible; we only
> seek source compatibility. Moreover, new Lua versions are very
> infrequent. Lua 5.1 was released in 2006; Lua 5.0 in 2003.

Well, I thought he had problems with Lua versions like 5.1.9 vs
5.1.1 ... Are those binary compatible ? If not, this suggestion is
indeed a very good idea since when you download a binary, it is often
said that it's for Lua 5.1 with no precision about the minor version
number. Well, I have to guess, I only download source.

Even if those releases are generally binary compatible, we could
imagine someday a bug that forces binary incompatibility. So the
suggestion is still a good idea.

Mildred

--
Mildred Ki'lya
E-Mail:	mildred593(at)online.fr

Site:	<http://mildred632.free.fr/>
XMPP:	<mildred@jabber.fr> (GoogleTalk, Jabber)

GPG:	197C A7E6 645B 4299 6D37 684B 6F9D A8D6 [9A7D 2E2B]