Wesley Smith wrote:
explain with less generalities?  I'm writing strict C++, which I guess

I don't see how you can be - managed C++ is a special option for Visual Studio .Net variants. My guess is you've wanted to build a version of Lua using Visual Studio and have chosen a default project to then put the various source and header files in, then compile.

That is a fine approach so long as you choose the correct project type. Some project types are for C#, some for VB.Net, some for managed C++, some for C++. If you choose the latter you won't fall over the managed C++ stuff, if you choose the managed C++ options you will.

I'm guessing that you've chosen a C++ project type without realising you've chosen a managed C++ project type. Does that seem feasible?

The syntax of the managed C++ stuff I've seen is quite different (extra keywords to handle use of assemblies etc) to the unmanaged C++ code I normally use.

Stephen