On 5/6/08, Ignacio Burgueño <ignaciob@inconcertcc.com> wrote:
> Hisham wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Announcing release 0.5.1 of LuaRocks, the system for deployment and
> > management of Lua modules.
> >

>  Hi Hisham. I have an issue with the Windows installer.
>  I use
>  install /FORCECONFIG
>  because I want the repository to be at the default location
> (c:\luarocks\rocks)
>
>  However, the generated config.lua is:
>
>  rocks_servers = {
>    [[http://luarocks.luaforge.net/rocks]]
>  }
>  rocks_trees = {
>    home..[[/luarocks]],
>    [[C:\LuaRocks]]
>  }
>
>  home..[[/luarocks]] should not be added when using FORCECONFIG.

Sorry, the documentation of the option was misleading. When it says
"Do not use the LUAROCKS_CONFIG variable or the user's home directory"
it means "Do not use the configuration file specified by the
LUAROCKS_CONFIG or the configuration file in the user's home
directory". But I'll change it to the behavior you expected, as it
does make more sense for a /FORCECONFIG installation. (In any case
LuaRocks embedded in apps will usually replace config.lua with their
own customized versions.)

-- Hisham