ketmar <ketmar@ic.km.ua> writes:
> imagine Perl developer saying "i don't want to learn CPAN, so i'll
> do .deb instead". bad-bad-bad.
>
> please, build rock! it's not so difficult and it's the Right Way.

For all that I'm sure rocks are nice and all, CPAN is pretty much an
accepted standard distribution method for perl.  Rocks are not (yet)
such a "standard" for Lua.

Furthermore, if one happens to be a debian user/developer, debs are
often more desirable for various reasons, so effort spent making them
is, at least, not wasted.

Ideally of course, there would be cooperation -- e.g., (1) the lua-rocks
infrastructure on debian would recognize installed debs as being present
in the rocks namespace (even though it didn't actually download them),
and (2) there would be some way of turning packaged rocks into debs more
or less automatically.

[Maybe some of that happens already, I dunno.]

-Miles

--
Barometer, n. An ingenious instrument which indicates what kind of weather we
are having.