On Fri, 02 May 2008 20:40:33 -0400
Norman Ramsey <nr@eecs.harvard.edu> wrote:

> Considering all the care that has already gone into packaging Lua on
> Debian, and that I already have built some other Debian packages, I am
> inclined to go that route, rather than learn another packaging system
> (rocks) that can only be used for Lua.
a very strange decision. instead of supporting good Lua-specific
package system you writing thing that is unusable for other distros
(yes, i know about 'alien' and so, but that's not the right way -- i
can't do apt-get on slackware, for example).

imagine Perl developer saying "i don't want to learn CPAN, so i'll
do .deb instead". bad-bad-bad.

please, build rock! it's not so difficult and it's the Right Way.

please.