 > On Fri, Apr 25, 2008 at 09:44:50PM -0400, Norman Ramsey wrote:
 > > I wonder if anybody happens to have a Boyer-Moore string-search
 > > engine coded up for Lua? ...
 >
 > If GPL is ok for you I'd suggest to use the Commentz-Walter
 > implementation from GNU fgrep (part of the grep package).

Thanks, but I have no need for the extra complexity of
multiple-keyword search, and my experience with adapting GNU software
has been mixed at best.  I already have C code with Lua bindings for
Boyer-Moore; they are just embedded in my nbibtex package.
Easier for me to be a software archaeologist on my own code, I think :-)

So if I do manage to get this thing bundled up nicely as a separate
package, what is the best way to make it available?  luaforge?
Lua-users wiki?  Some other path?

For my own purposes I am likely to put the source and binary in a
Debian repository...

Norman