We'd be targeting phones that have GPS like the Nokia N95. They should support larger JAR file sizes but I'm honestly not very experienced in mobile phone design so that could be total bunk.

Before this conversation I really didn't consider Kahlua being a valid option for J2ME, so I appreciate your feedback. We'll consider to research doing a full port but we'll also look at improving Kahlua as a viable option to fill in the missing blanks there. We're just hoping that we can provide a similar player experience with our engine in both a C-based implementation and a Java-based one.

Consistency is important in GPS game design. Well, any game design it is important, but with a GPS-based experience the people are actually driving to and interating with local landmarks with your application. We want to make sure that our authors are confident that their game will port so a wider audience can enjoy it.

Thanks again!

Jeremy