Jim Whitehead II wrote:

I think the format of the wiki page and the overall unprofessional look of the ideas list was a factor, along with the rather ad-hoc way we approached the entire process.  Hopefully we can
begin putting things together and make a more impressive application with idea list next year.

I put a reminder on my calendar for early January next year to get the ball rolling on applying again. To some extent, it seems a little random. I also helped put together the application submitted by the Tcl/Tk community---which did get selected. I don't think Tcl ideas page (http://wiki.tcl.tk/20832) is significantly better than the Lua one (http://lua-users.org/wiki/GoogleSummerOfCodeIdeas).

Matt