Did you apply the LNUM patch on the Lua you are using, may I ask?

The NSLU2 build is using integers, but is not directly using the LNUM patch.

The NSLU2 is a very good platform for anyone that would like to try Lua on a small device.

After installing the Unslung firmware, a native gcc compiler can easily be installed on the NSLU2.

I purchased the NSLU2 online for $50.
I have a 2Gbyte external USB pen drive for storing Unslung and all the packages I have installed, including gcc.

-W