Stefan Sandberg wrote:
Don't take this the wrong way or anything, but what's the upside of that? :)

I guess it serves 2 purposes:

1) Show off what Parrot can do. Such as - "it works", which seems to be a step forward from where they were. They seem to have a variety of different language implementations on top of Parrot.

2) Assuming that Parrot can be a sandbox it *MAY* be a safer environment for running unknown applications in than Lua. For some people/applications that may be a good thing.

I can't find any info on the Parrot website to conclude that (2) is a valid assumption or not. I don't find the documentation on that website very easy to use.

I, like you, doubt it will be as fast as Lua.

Stephen