can you use VBA as the control language(where I
believe it has these sleep things) and lua for
business logic instead ? otherwise, busy loop is the
only way as more likely than not, you are working with
an embedded lua VM which means all other suggestions
that involve C modules won't work.

(http://eccoextdoc.wikispaces.com/Sample+LUA+Programs)
> looks much
> like macros one would write using Excel VB. If
> EccoExt's Lua can't
> be extended using DLLs, then we're stuck with a busy
> loop method.
>
> Fundamentally, I think there is no practical need
> for a wait
> function, since the intended programming model is
> much like Excel
> VM macros. I took a look at EccoPy, there are no
> event-driven
> functions or things like that, but one can create or
> open
> worksheets, etc., in addition to tabulated data
> functions.
>
> At first glance, it looks like we can't do any
> interactive or
> timelined stuff, so it is more for advanced data
> processing and
> macro tasks -- you execute a Lua script to get some
> non-trivial
> processing or tasks done. So with EccoExt, perhaps
> one should
> start by focusing on writing scripts that do simple
> processing
> tasks instead, as I did with Excel VB. Please
> correct me if I am
> wrong.
>
> > Peter Odding wrote:
> >> I think Lua doesn't have os.sleep() (the name
> usually given) because
> >> it's not in the C standard. There's a way around
> it in plain Lua,
> >> assuming os.time() uses seconds as its unit
> (which is the case on at
> >> least Windows and Linux):

> discussions about
> how to use this or if