Mister White wrote:
> <flame>
> :-)
> I'm tryin' to write benchmark for a university dissertation and when I
> showed my results to my teacher he has told me: "Try posting something
> on forums or mailing lists asking for help and after everybody has
> offended you lots of times there will be someone who will give you a
> real help!"
> So it shall be written so it shall be done!
> :-)
>
> </flame>

Mike Pall has pointed you to the right direction:
http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/

And see this also:
http://lua-users.org/wiki/OptimisationCodingTips

You need to understand a lot more about scripting languages like
Lua and how they are implemented, in order to devise, run, and
analyze useful benchmarks. Using those performance tips without
proper understanding will be meaningless, thus you have a lot to
study. All the more important since you claim to be doing a
dissertation.

You'd also be treated with a lot more respect, less suspicion, and
less hostility if you use your real name. As it stands, I for one
do not believe your above response at all; a university student
would likely treat the list with more respect and less flippantly.

Please show us that you are worth our time responding to and
you'll get all the help you need. If you don't, you'll likely be
ignored. The Lua list is usually a nice mailing list; I won't
continue discussing this thread anymore.

--
Cheers,
Kein-Hong Man (esq.)