I actually have been thinking about this for several weeks now. Since I've already arranged to video the talks, I was thinking it probably wouldn't be much more of a stretch to stream it live. I'd also thought about doing something concurrent in Second Life but haven't had time to look into the accessibility issues yet.

I'll take a look at the other systems people have suggested, particularly the Teamspeak 3/Lua angle.

Why don't we take hashing out the technical details off-list---email me directly---and for now consider it a given that there will be some way for people to participate remotely.

Matt