Not replying to any particular post in this thread, but to the thread
in general... As I read this, I have to admit I'm kind of confused to
the logic of why a particular feature gets added to the language, and
why some other doesn't: The local scope in repeat was something that
didn't really add substantial usefulness - you can just declare the
local in front of the loop. It was added. On the other hand, continue
is something that is not easily fakeable in a general case. Even
though it's being requested often and a lot, it's still not supported
in the core language. Or am I missing some detail that makes this
different (other than "single exit point" forcing, which doesn't have
a ground in the language in general)?

Please don't get me wrong - I find Lua as it is fine and useful. Just
noticing a possible inconsistency.

JM2C,
Alen