>Might want to check your log tool? Or enable lua_assert, on lua_close it
>will assert that bytes allocated = 0 (for your piece of mind).
Right you are, sir. I didn't handle realloc properly. When that was fixed, I
managed to track down the guilty party, which of course wasn't in LUA. This
solution seems to work well for me now, so a custom allocator will have to
wait for the next time (unless I need the mentioned performance
improvements). Thanks for the help everyone.

/Jens