I've already given up; one reason I made luaSub.  :)

Shmuel Zeigerman kirjoitti 23.2.2008 kello 17:41:

I'm upset to find that adding 'continue' is not even being considered.
(Just to let you know that there still are ones that miss it).
-- Shmuel

Roberto Ierusalimschy wrote:
We are also considering the following changes:
- string.pack/string.unpack (along the lines of struct/lpack)
- Mike Pall's implementation for yield (using longjmp), allowing yields in several places not allowed currently (inside pcall, metamethods, etc.)
- some form of bit operations. (We are not very happy with any
known implementation. Maybe just incorporate bitlib?)
- there is already a new function luaL_tolstring (along the lines of
the 'tostring' function). Maybe we should define a lua_rawtostring (no
coercions from numbers) and then use luaL_tolstring ("full" coercion
from other types) when we want to allow coercions. The point is where
to use one and where to use the other. (The current lua_tostring behavior
would be deprecated in the future...)