I know most people are aware of this, but I found the documentation
misleading. It says it creates a string suitable for a temporary file
but doesn't mention the creation of the file too. Perhaps add this to
the documentation in the future? Personally I don't like that it
creates a file and would much rather it only create a string. This
apparently only affects POSIX compliant systems?

Cheers,

--
-Patrick Donnelly

"One of the lessons of history is that nothing is often a good thing
to do and always a clever thing to say."

-Will Durant