"John Hind" <john.hind@zen.co.uk> writes:
> You seem to be reading more into the suggestion than was intended - all I
> suggested was a change in *default* behaviour which by definition only alters
> syntax. Locals still work exactly as before, just you do not need the "local"
> keyword (unless you want to restrict the scope of a local further).

That's a pretty confusing change though -- implicit variable
declarations remain (something people seem to dislike generally anyway),
but their behavior changes!

It might be safer in some ways that the current behavior (because local
variables are a lot less polluting), but I don't think it's really the
change most people seem to want.

-Miles

--
Generous, adj. Originally this word meant noble by birth and was rightly
applied to a great multitude of persons. It now means noble by nature and is