Luiz Henrique de Figueiredo wrote:
P.S. Wouldn't it be nice to have a place in lua.org or in lua-users' wiki were this kind of requests could be posted

Just create a page in the wiki.

Well, I was going to do that, but in fact there already is a page for that.

http://lua-users.org/wiki/FeatureProposals

Anyway, I think it would be very valuable to know your views on the proposals made on that page.

Proponents whose proposals are rejected could ditch them entirely or make a patch to Lua and place it on the LuaPowerPatches page.

If the proposal could be accepted, then they can write code being aware of that. Kind of compat-52, maybe.

Regards,
Ignacio Burgueño