Hi,

- there is already a new function luaL_tolstring (along
the lines of the 'tostring' function). Maybe we should
define a lua_rawtostring (no coercions from numbers) and
then use luaL_tolstring ("full" coercion from other types)
when we want to allow coercions. The point is where to use
one and where to use the other. (The current lua_tostring
behavior would be deprecated in the future...)

Will luaL_tostring invoke a __tostring metamethod on
userdata or tables? This would make tostring/rawtostring
somewhat orthogonal to rawget/gettable. More interestingly,
it would perhaps allow for strings that are not managed by
Lua...

[]s,
Diego