Hm, -1 for this suggestion. The standard Lua pattern matching is good
enough for most things, and it's easy to grab the lpeg extension and
just use it ;)

I'm not prejudiced against lpeg, haven't _really_ tried it out to be
honest, but it would make Lua significantly fatter.

It could be argued that more os stuff would be more important, but
that's not ISO C ;(

steve d.