Wesley Smith writes:
> On Feb 18, 2008 8:30 PM, Thomas Harning wrote:
> > One suggestion:  Avoid extra work on the backend for lexing and move it
> > to user-side w/ chili [1]
> Would it really be that much work?

I would have normally recommend server-siding this for robustness.  The comment
"Trying to highlight 10kb worth of text will result in JavaScript being aborted
because of long execution time" in
http://code.google.com/p/syntaxhighlighter/wiki/Overview doesn't inspire much
confidence in the client-side approach, though I could be proven wrong.

> Why couldn't the lexing be done when an edit is submitted?

Or, equivalently, caching, but in any case the server-side approach is do-able.