To: "Lua list" <lua@bazar2.conectiva.com.br>
Sent: Friday, February 15, 2008 3:38 PM
Subject: from ascii to hex for unicode char

Hello,

I try to analyse a unicode character, e.g. "ည". I am able to get the
ascii code for this string using: print(utf8.byte("ည",1,-1))
This gives me 4106, which is correct. However I would like to get the
unicode codepoint in hex notation, for this character this would be:
0x100A  How do I get this result? (I use the slnunicode library)

Thanks,

Jelle