It's probably posible:
1) debug the app with GDB; could be Lua itself, main thing is that you can
set breakpoints in any extension library.
2) Use RemDebug to attach to the Lua code using a local socket.

In fact, this can probably be done with two instances of scite-debug,
I'll do this experiment tonight.

Of course, first prize is getting it all in one debugger front-end instance!
Technically, I can persuade scite-debug to keep two debug engines
going (the beauty of object-orientation!) but the output parser then
has to be more clever and work out which engine the output is
coming from.

steve d.