Fabio Mascarenhas wrote:
Well, guess I spoke too soon about libffi! The documentation is pretty sketchy, but I dug around in the source of the CVS version of libffi and found how to do callbacks. So after some hours of late night hacking I ripped out ffcall and put libffi in its place. The Alien API remains the same, so I am calling this version 0.3.1.

I can't install it under Windows. I have luarocks 0.4.2

Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual C++ tools.

Targeting Windows XP 32 RETAIL

C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDK>luarocks install alien
Installing http://www.lua.inf.puc-rio.br/~mascarenhas/rocks//alien-cvs-1.rockspec...

Microsoft (R) Program Maintenance Utility   Version 6.00.9782.0
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1988-1998. All rights reserved.

NMAKE : fatal error U1052: file 'Makefile.win' not found
Stop.

Error: Build error: Failed building.